• You must hire a┬áprofessional bar service if you serve any alcohol at your wedding. A professional bar service carries general and liquor liability insurance and has the appropriate training and/or applicable licensing to ensure the safety of you and your guests.
  • Irongate maintains a current list of pre-approved bar services you may hire. Check out our list here. If you want to hire a bar service not on our pre-approved list, please submit your request later than 180 days prior to your wedding date for consideration by Irongate management.
  • Some professional catering companies also offer professional bar service!
  • Most couples find that beer, wine & champagne is perfect for their special day, but you are welcome to to ask your bar service to serve your signature cocktail or distilled spirits, as well.
  • Your bar service can set-up anytime on Saturday.
  • All beverages need to arrive pre-chilled or in ice chests. Irongate does not chill or store alcohol prior to your event.
  • We highly recommend buying your beverages from a liquor store that delivers on Saturday (like Star Liquors). This takes a big task off your wedding day to-do list.
  • Your bar service needs to bring extension cords, if electrical is required.
  • If you hire a mobile bar, we have a few different places they can set up!
  • We have several bars you can use at no additional charge! Be sure to check our inventory page.
  • Alcohol service shall be in compliance with California law at all times, including, but not limited to no service to minors, workers need to be covered by workers compensation insurance, etc.
  • The bar must be staffed at all times during the event; it shall never be left unattended at any time. If bar is left unattended for any period of time, it may be shut down for the remainder of the event.
  • Irongate provides ice for your bar service which means they don’t need to bring or charge you extra for ice!
  • Your bar service is responsible for changing trash can liners during your wedding. They may use our dumpster, located near the driveway gate. We have a 55 gallon trash container available for their use at the bar. All bar service trash must be removed from the gardens or other leased areas and discarded in the dumpster or removed from the property.
  • Please do not discard ice, water or drinks in the landscaped areas.
  • Alcohol service must end by 10:00 PM to comply with Butte County ordinance. Last call needs to occur no later than 9:45 PM.
  • At the conclusion of your wedding, all alcohol must be packed and secured by your bar service. No alcoholic beverages are permitted to be left out for self-service.

Bar Service Insurance

Below is a link to our insurance requirements for bar service at Irongate Garden Inn. This link is an excellent resource for your bar service to share with their insurance agent.

Click below to see a sample insurance certificate showing the minimum coverages required.