Please reference the contract located in your Client Portal for more detailed information about insurance.

Insurance Requirement

Irongate Garden Inn requires that you and your vendors be properly insured for your wedding. Vendors have business insurance. You purchase an event policy.

Your Event Insurance

A minimum of two coverages are required:
  1. General Liability: Minimum of $1,000,000
  2. “Host” Liquor Liability: Minimum of $1,000,000 (covers your liability for providing alcohol)

Your insurance must provide coverage for all three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Coverage needs to be in place for the days you, guests, family, helpers or your vendors will be on-site.

Our Additional Insured verbiage is listed below.

Additional Insured

Your policy needs to list Irongate as Additional Insured. Provide the info below to your event insurance company.


Robert Grove Real Estate & Valuation Services
DBA Irongate Garden Inn
Robert or Krista Grove
4673 Nord Highway
Chico CA 95973

Certificate of Insurance

  • Proof of Insurance: A Certificate of Insurance is the official document that provides us proof of your insurance. It is provided by the insurance company you purchase the insurance from.
  • Due: At time of booking or 12 months prior to your wedding, whichever comes later (most insurance companies won’t offer a policy greater than 12 months from your wedding date).
  • Email to:

Buying Event Insurance

Purchasing wedding event insurance is easily done online. Below are a few options for you to consider. You are not required to purchase from this list.

Very convenient. Quote online and easily see price variations. Using this link, the company will email proof of insurance to us and automatically include our Additional Insured language.

This one is also convenient. Select Irongate Garden Inn from a list when quoting the insurance online and the company will email proof insurance to us and automatically include our Additional Insured Language.

A leader in event insurance and the policy can be quoted online.

Vendor Insurance Requirements

Our expectation is that you hire professional vendors for your wedding. As professionals, they have insurance to protect themselves and their business operations at your wedding. However, we only require proof of insurance from three of your vendors; your Caterer, DJ, band or Entertainment and Bar Service.

Your event insurance does not replace or eliminate the need for your vendors to have their own insurance.

Use the link below to see our vendor insurance information.