• You must contract a professional caterer from our pre-approved caterer list, who we think are the best catering services in the North State! Check out our list here. Your caterer must be chosen from this list.
  • Your caterer must hold a valid business license and permit from the governing health department.
  • Your caterer must carry commercial liability insurance as well as workers compensation for any person working for, or on behalf of, the catering company.
  • Your caterer must carry commercial auto liability insurance, if they have a catering truck or trailer they use on-site.
  • Any caterer serving alcohol must carry include liquor liability, even if you’re only providing beer and wine.
  • Catering may use on-site trash containers. The caterer is responsible for relining the trash cans used for catering service.
  • All waste/trash must be removed from the venue at the conclusion of their service. Catering may take their service trash with them or they are welcome to use our on-site dumpster, located near the residential gate in front.
  • It’s important to understand what the caterer does or does not provide. Examples include busing service, non-alcoholic beverage station and glasses, linens, glasses for bar service (like wine glasses), individual water bottles for guests to take at the end of the night, linens, napkins, plates, etc.
  • Catering must provide bussing service or you must hire a third-party bussing service to clear tables and change out trash can liners. Please discuss this with your caterer.
  • Your catering or bussing service may use our trash cans during the event. Trash must either be placed in our dumpster or taken with them at the conclusion of the event.
  • Irongate does not have a commercial kitchen. Catering cooks food in their commercial kitchen but we provide access indoor space at Irongate for final staging.
  • We have several rectangle banquet tables catering can use. The tables are located inside the kitchen area and the caterer is welcome to use what they need.
  • Containers for leftovers needs to be provided by you or your caterer. The venue does not provide containers.
  • All tables used by catering must be cleaned and returned to the kitchen area at the conclusion of their service.
  • Catering can access the property anytime on Saturday.
  • Catering may park on the east side of the residence for convenient loading & unloading.
  • Food trucks are welcome to cater your event. If they need power, the food truck or trailer needs to bring extension cords, and we will get them plugged in. If they require more than a 110 outlet, they must to bring a generator.
  • The venue is leased on the day of the event until 11:00 PM. If your caterer needs to more time to break-down, please contact us in advance as our staff leaves no later than 11:00 PM.
  • Our permit with Butte County requires the venue lights off by 11:00 PM.

Caterer Insurance

Below is a link to our insurance requirements for vendors working on-site at Irongate Garden Inn for your wedding. This link is an excellent resource for your vendors to share with their insurance agent.

Click below to see a sample insurance certificate showing the minimum coverages required.